StatCounter

Friday, October 21, 2011

Horses

My wife and I have horses. We ride them and drive a couple of them occasionally. They are warm, gentle and brutally honest about their own lives and our presence in them. Understanding them is a life-long process. My wife rides a lot more than I do, but the daily care falls to me. I really like doing it and when I can't, like when I am out of town, I really miss it. Maybe the daily routine is something I need or just the presence of the animals gives me something. Then there is the mule, but he is a story unto himself. What a character he is! I'll save his adventures for another post.

It is interesting that I have absolutely no idea where I am going with this thing. Hopefully, it's about the journey and not the destination.

1 comment:

  1. From my experience, it is 99 out of 100 about the journey! :)

    ReplyDelete