StatCounter

Sunday, December 9, 2012

What a difference a day makes.

Even my attitude has improved with the new snow. I put the critter cam back out in the woods not far from the house and just as I started to head back I heard a low mournful howl. I heard the neighbors' huskies earlier and it took a moment to register that it was no dog I was hearing. I would guess it was about 1/4 to 1/2 half mile away in a different direction than where people are. The new fallen snow had put a muffle on any extraneous noise. Always nice to hear our neighbor wolves. This is the view from the deck this afternoon. It is still snowing lightly. This part of the deck has been cleared twice
Of course, when you get new snow you have to remove it from places that you might want to be. The temperature was just a bit below freezing and there was no wind so Stitch put on a hat and some crocs and went out in her jammies to clear the deck. Gotta love these northern women!
Her cat, Beevis the Butthead wanted to go out and watch the birds. He realized that the snow might make him damp and his toes might get a little chilled so he found a good place to watch. He is near a pair of ceramic boots, so the title of the picture is Puss and Boots.
While the sun never showed its smiling face again today, at least the blanket of white will reflect any available light and that should make morning and evening chores a little more pleasant.

After a little time in the Great Outdoors I come into the house where Stitch and the Cooker are putting up the Christmas desecrations. This is a family affair and everyone wants to contribute. Bella the cat is doing her holiday impression of Judy Garland.
I think I'll just stay out of the way and be entertained by the troops.



9 comments:

  1. I'm glad some people like to hear wolves.Heck! I'd like to see wolves!
    Dingoes are not the same!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judy Garland...hehehehe!

    And newly fallen snow makes everything look pretty and quiet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The thing that gets me about cats is that they know just how cute they look!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cat engulfed in garland looks FABULOUS. You don't get much more fabulous than that unless you're Cher.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jono, your Bella looks almost exactly like my Dolly Gee Squeakers (formerly of the Humane Society Squeakers).

    And so glad you came back around to my blog -- I've been looking for you for a while now and often get linked to a dead end. It's weird...

    I've added you to my blog roll so I shall never miss you again. :-)

    Pearl

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, I adore the kitty in tinsel photo! :)

    We do have some wolves around here, but of course there are many more coyotes. I always like hearing them at night (as long as they aren't near my henhouse!)

    Your snow is looking pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. dinahmow, I don't imagine the dingoes have as nice a voice.

    PP, the quiet is the best part.

    Professor, and they know how to work it.

    Ahab, I look to the cats for instruction as I have no sense of style myself.

    Pearl, I always love your cat stories. I read you regularly, but don't comment very often. Maybe I should get more verbose.

    Knatolee, she did it by herself! Around here coyotes and wolves don't get along. One comes, the other goes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't do christmas and I hate snow as much as all the rain we get here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your black cat looks like our koshka Krasotka. Judy Garland is priceless.

    ReplyDelete