StatCounter

Monday, July 2, 2018

Google issues

I am having issues with Google that make it difficult for me to communicate and write this blog. My local ISP is making us migrate our email accounts to Google's servers which, while it is doable, adds another unnecessary step to accomplish something that has been relatively simple. I know how to get email notifications for blog comments, but the levels of passwords, administrators, etc. is getting annoying.

My day job is also extremely busy and frustrating at this time of year and won't settle down until after Labor Day. I have reduced my presence on Facebook considerably, but have not yet sworn off it altogether. Finding time to read all your terrific blogs has even been difficult, but I will try to keep doing that. I want to stay in the community, but I need a little less obligation at this point.

I guess what I am trying not to say is that I think I need a break from this endeavor, such as it is. For how long, I don't know. Maybe a week, a month, I just don't know. Hopefully, I will do some interesting things and have something to write about in the near future, something to energize me.  Music is my fall back, but even that is getting difficult to find time for.

Not to worry, though, I just need a rest. As Arnold Schwarzenegger once said, "I'll be back."

19 comments:

  1. I think we have all been at that point.
    Enjoy your break. We will be waiting (more or less patiently) for your return.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a good blog break, Jono, and I hope you have a great summer too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many of my comments are not posting !
    Take some time off we will be here,.

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope it's not too long. It seems the blogging community is drying up.

    Come back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I get it. You’ll be missed. Gotta know the happenings on your plot of land and what the Vinney is up to.

    Take care Jono.

    ReplyDelete
  6. take your time, breathe, push on. we'll still be here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did that quite a bit over the past year, Jono. It happens. We'll be here when you return. Enjoy your respite. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've noticed a downtick in blogging activity in the ones I read regularly, and it's sad in a way; at the same time, I've felt the same way, in need of a break just to catch my breath. Hopefully this is the pressure relief valve that helps get you to a more restful feeling. We'll be here when you get back. Have a good summer!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've noticed some "disturbances in the force" recently as well. I no longer get email notifications of comments (although I can see them via the dashboard.)

    It all used to be so simple.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We will all still be here when you are done with enjoying yourself (as well as with work, that nuicanse).

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sometimes, when things in your life get too overwhelming or time-consuming, you just need a break from another thing. Summer is a good time to take a breather. Don't stress out over it, and we'll be here when you come back.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These comments are wonderful. Thank you all. I do get tired and don't have the stamina I once did, but at the same time there is much to do and time gets shorter with age. I'll be around.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Enjoy your break, and we'll look forward to your return! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Occasionally we all have to take a rest.
    Will be looking for you to come back'
    the Ol'Buzzard

    ReplyDelete
  15. it feels good to not have the pressure of putting something out there for years at a time..been doing this 13 years and up until my sons death, I hadn't taken off any time...I quit once and lasted a day..sad..sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  16. Everyone needs a break now and then. I've just had my break.... I went to England, and then Scotland, and then St Johns, Newfoundland, which is my most favourite city in the whole wide world. I'll be blogging my travels so I hope you're back in blogland by then.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hope the "Google issues" will be settled soon and you'll be returning to Blogland.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Google and blogger were also being problem for me either

    and thank God it did not last more that few weeks

    ReplyDelete