StatCounter

Thursday, November 17, 2011

What about what I want?

I have been getting all fired up to start going back to work and was, in fact, going to go in for a couple of hours today. Thought I might just do one last check with the doc so I left a message. A short time later I got a call back and was told in no uncertain terms, "Absolutely not!" Huh? I feel pretty good, mostly, but they said that is just a result of using robotics on the way in. They said they shredded me up well enough that I can consider starting back around the 28th of this month. I'm thinking they probably know more than me about this sort of thing, so I just better go along with it. Just to humor them. 

Just for something to do, now that I am off the serious pain meds, I went to town to get a few things. Nothing over 10 pounds, mind you. It is a small town and after nearly 30 years in the vicinity I know a few people. It has been at least 3 weeks since I have gone out an made social contact, live and in person, with the outside world. So a forty minute round trip to town took about 2 hours because ya know, you have to be polite and talk to people. I stopped at gossip central Buck's Hardware to get a whisk broom and the latest poop from town. One of the advantages of living ten miles out is that I am not usually part of the news, but know most of those who are. Those who know me already know I am "different". It's a Minnesota euphemism that means weird.

Now it is like I have a time limit. There are many things to read, write, play, but I have limits. I feel the need to make good use of this gift of time, but need to fight off the occasional urge to nap. This friends, is my dilemma.

Time is to slow for those who wait,
 And time is to swift for those who fear,
          Time is too long for those who grieve,
                     And time is too short for those that laugh.
-It's a Beautiful Day



Here is the front yard with some fresh frosting. See the ship heading to Duluth?

4 comments:

  1. thanks. you just unknowingly made me smile when i needed it. (i guess it's knowingly now!)

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kendra, I can never hope to pay back all you have given. So there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so envious of your front yard view! ... you make Buck's Hardware sound like something out of Lake Wobegon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely view!

    ReplyDelete